With Black Friday right around the corner, its a good time to let everyone know that Lay-A-Way is a thing again. If you are a Boomer or Gen X you remember Lay-A-Way. Lay-A-Way was the way you could be SURE you got what you wanted and could pay for it over time. Can’t afford that outfit today, put it on Lay-A-Way and over a few weeks making small payments it becomes YOURS!
Well there is a new generation, Gen Z who is interested in Lay-A-Way. They are born between 1995-2009. They are the generation after the Millennial’s (the most talked about generation since the boomers).
Here are some facts about Gen Z:
Knowing these things and thinking about them when you craft your marketing message and campaign will help you be more successful.
- The are Digital Native (born using technology)
- The children of Gen X- it is no surprise they have a strong work ethic
- 75% of Gen Z feel that there is another way than the college path
- Independent– do it yourself-ers
- Role Hop vs Job Hop- they want to be at the same company but try on different hats
- They are “old souls” and have more traditional values
- They like a social and communal shopping experience
- They will be 40% of all consumers in 2020
- They want interest free lay-a-way